Add “Active Life” to your path for better health and a longer life. Our residents are engaged in an amazing array of activities that keep them moving, thinking, learning, laughing and giving. Here’s a sample:
Never Too Late to Learn
- Avoiding Frauds & Scams- Speaker from Elder Audience
- Japanese Garden Presentation/Virtual Tour-Japanese Garden Docent
- Origami with Yuki
- Armchair Travel-“Mystic Places”, ”The Silk Road”, “Discovering The Gorge”…
- American Experience-‘Eleanor Roosevelt”, “Wyatt Eaarp”, “Annie Oakley”, “Jessie Owens”…
Music-Good for the Soul
- PDX Vox Concert
- Piano Recital-Students of Vivian Brandy
- Accordion with Phil
- Piano with Monte
- Sing-A-Longs with Chuck
- Ron Ruiz on Guitar
- Beltaine-With John Keys
Out & About
- The Grotto
- Portland Nursery Apple Festival
- Korean War Memorial/Canby Ferry Ride
- Sandy Pioneer Museum
- Museum of the Oregon Territory
- Lee Farms
- Shopping at Dollar Tree. Fred Meyers, Trader Joes. Safeway & Target
- Tulip Festival
- Cannon Beach/Ecola Park Picnic
- Columbia River Gorge/Bridge of the Gods
- Christmas Lights at PIR/Christmas Ships
Animals Visits that Warm our Hearts
- Dog Visits with Bucky, Ceili & Shirley
- Bunny Visits
- Visit from Napoleon The Alpaca-Mountain Peaks Animal Therapy
- Men’s Breakfast-“Getting to Know You”-Career & Family” with host John Goncalves
- Poker Game
- Garden Club-Spice & Tomato Garden, Spring Flowers
- Group Study with local Horticultural Therapy Students-Tree Study, Apple Study & Tasting, Strawberry & Blueberry Study & Tasting,
- One on one Resident visits from Horticultural Therapy Students-Propagating House Plants, Spring Flower Planting, Plant Care
- KGW Holiday Toy Drive at Hawthorne Gardens
- Community Outreach Life Enrichment Program
– We have developed a relationship with a small Adult Foster Home in our area who are in need of assistance with their Life Enrichment Program. Their part time Activity Coordinator, who is also a Gerontology student, will be doing some interning with us and we will be donating time and supplies to enable them to expand their Life Enrichment Program.
- Halloween Spooktacular Party- Trick or Treating, Haunted Garage Tour, Pumpkin Carving & Costume Contests. Last year we had over 200 children come to visit.
- Oktoberfest Happy Hour- Polka Music, Soft Pretzels, Mini Strudels and more!
- Annual Community Easter Egg Hunt- We stuffed and hid over 200 eggs last year, We had over 100 children. The parents enjoyed appetizers and mimosas.
- Spring Tea- Finger Sandwiches, Petite Fours & a lovely selections of Teas. We had 75 guests last spring.
- Holiday Party & Caroling- Tis the season!